Valentines Day Self-Love Challenge
Let’s talk about love!
Valentines Day is here, but we want to celebrate a different kind of love. We’re talking about self-love.
It’s so important to practise self-love and to treat yourself with kindness. When you truly love yourself and believe that you are worthy of only the best, you can really start to thrive. You will be happier, you will radiate positivity and attract wonderful energy and your relationships, personal and professional, will certainly start to improve.
For many of us, it can feel as though we are waiting for permission to start taking care of our needs and putting ourselves first. We can feel like we’re being selfish or narcissistic, when really it’s a vital part of creating a happy and fulfilled life for yourself and your loved ones.
Your act of self-love needn’t be extravagant or costly, but it is important that you take the time to indulge in activities that serve you and make you feel wonderful. Here’s just a few ideas of things you can do to be nice to yourself:
- Take a walk in nature. Leave your phone at home, wrap up warm and go for a lovely stroll. Admire the sky and the trees and the birds and savour this solitary, quiet time.
- Run a luxurious bath. There’s nothing quite like relaxing into a hot bath with your favourite book to really unwind. Use your favourite bath oils and salts and treat yourself to a spa-worthy pamper session.
- Cook a fancy meal for yourself. Your poshest meals needn’t be reserved for guests and dinner parties. Spend time in the kitchen making a truly delicious and nourishing meal just for you.
- Buy yourself flowers. Instead of just admiring the pretty bouquets, treat yourself to a gorgeous bunch of fresh cut flowers. Pop them in your favourite vase and allow them to brighten up the room. It is Valentine’s day after all!
- Keep a gratitude journal. You can start by listing all of the things you like about yourself and then use it to jot down all the positivity in your life, all of the lovely people and lovely experiences.
So this Valentines Day, instead of getting caught up in the card buying process, why not take a little time to show yourself some love and affection? You deserve it, after all.
Check out our video to see Claire’s take on Valentine’s day and see if you fancy taking on the Self-Love Challenge…
On the subject of self-love, what better way to treat yourself than by joining us for a beautiful, transformational and fun wellbeing retreat.
Make this the year that you treat yourself to our inspiring 5-night Healthily Happy Retreat.
Press pause on your busy life and take some time to do some soul searching, recharge your body and fully unwind with our fun and insightful workshops, lovely Kundalini yoga and delicious healthy food.
Happy Valentines Day from you, to you!