Wellbeing is defined as health, happiness and success.
This accredited life coaching course covers understanding the basis of wellbeing, a wide range of coaching techniques and tools, the business aspects of setting up and running your business plus practical coaching practise with fellow students.
We study Dr Maguire’s ‘Pillars of Wellbeing’ model using the framework of emotional health and wellness to promote resilience, vitality and passion.
The following areas covered during this comprehensive 5-day program include:
- Defining Wellbeing: how do you define what it is and the benefit it brings to your client; you discover your role as a wellbeing coach and define your position in the arena of health & wellness.
- Managing Stress: examine the role stress plays in the body physically and emotionally. The consequences of leaving stress unmanaged and practical ways to deal with stress, overwhelm and burn out. You examine the importance of work-life balance and what that really means to an individual.
- The Science of Wellbeing: we explore positive psychology, biological and neuroscientific research on wellbeing. You gain an understanding of the mind and the body, how they interact to promote a deeper awareness and appreciation of internal and external stimuli.
- The Role of Food: we discover the role food plays in supporting the body through periods of stress, exhaustion and overwhelm. You learn the basics of food relationship and what will help bring greater benefit to your clients.
- Coaching Models: we explain various coaching models including the GROW model, to bring out your clients vision, to set goals, to instil confidence and motivate behaviour.
- The Pillars of Wellbeing: we study Dr Claire Maguire’s ‘Pillars of Wellbeing’ model encompassing how food, emotional health, vitality, vision and expression can all lead to health, happiness and success.
- Coaching Skills and Techniques: you learn a broad range of coaching tools and various coaching strategies to understand limiting beliefs, self-sabotage, values, language, habits, reframing and attitudes to change.
- The Meaning of Success: success can be a rather abstract term and it can mean very different things to different people. Trying to define success is not easy and we explore the various paths available for your clients to ‘succeed’.
- Mindfulness, Meditation and Relaxation: you learn the importance of mindfulness and meditation and how this is of great value and benefit to your client. We also look at the significance of relaxation and why it is so important.
- Spirituality and Holistic Health: we explore what spirituality means, the different definitions of spirituality and how holistic health is important for overall health and wellbeing.
- Lifestyle Example: you become an example of wellbeing as you commit to your continued self-exploration and self-development and as you learn about self-nurturing, rituals, gratitude and acceptance you empower yourself to serve your clients in a greater way.
The practical and business side of coaching is just as important as the coaching itself which is why we also delve into how to build a successful practice through addressing the following areas:
- Identifying Client Needs: what is a client looking for; what their expectations are, how to establish rapport, how to listen to what they are really saying, to build up your intuitive skills and connect quickly with your clients.
- Working with Clients: you learn the practicalities of a coaching business – how to create great questions which is at the heart of a successful coach, how to set up calls, pre and post questionnaires, creating client-coach boundaries and confidentiality. We examine ethics and legal considerations, confidentiality and keeping records.
- Business Development: we delve into your story, experiences, talents, passions and skills so you can uncover exactly what you offer a potential client and how you can specifically help them.
- Brand Building: identify your niche, your unique brand and to establish your expertise. understand how your ideal client and target market will powerfully set you up with a way to connect and talk to your potential new clients.
- Your Business Plan: review issues such as set-up options, legal considerations, insurance concerns, operational requirements, marketing plan, cash flow factors.
- Coaching Options: Understand different ways to coach individuals and the concept of coaching packages.
- Marketing Yourself: we examine marketing and sales methods including various lead generation strategies for online and printed media, the lead cycle concept plus top marketing tips.
Whilst on your intensive residential course you also get the opportunity to develop your new coaching skills.
Certification & Membership:
A Certificate of Wellbeing Life Coaching is awarded to those who complete the 5 day course. As an accredited course, this qualification is recognised by The Association for Coaching (AC).
Plus you're also registered as a student member of the AC so you have access to their database of information.
You'll be invited to join our private Raw Horizons Academy Community for ongoing support and motivation.
This is all included in the cost of the course.
You are then set up for success and ready to start your new coaching career.
‘Thank you Claire. Your program is carefully and thoughtfully structured.’ Sharon P.