Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive. If you still have any other questions or need any further information, please feel free to Contact Us:
As more and more people deal with stress, low energy, overwhelm, frustration and self-doubt they are now turning to positive ways to overcome such pressures. Enter the role of the wellbeing coach: to re-motivate, re-inspire, re-energise and help people get back on track and more out of life.
Based on the same underlying foundations as Life Coaching, a wellbeing coach is there to guide his or her client to bring about a clearer understanding of their issues or concerns, help to reframe and re-interpret, look forward to their aspirations and the goals they wish to achieve, and inspire the necessary changes in their behaviour to ensure the realisation of those objectives and desires.
By skilfully listening, questioning, reflecting, encouraging, challenging and supporting, a wellbeing coach guides their client to look to the future by helping them design and execute their own solutions to their problems and challenges.
Our Wellbeing Coach Training programme is suitable for all types of people.
Coaching is all about delivering great results for your clients and the passion of the coach to empower their clients to live the life they desire is of utmost importance.
The following is a good indication of who is suited to this course:
- People who are passionate about helping others live to their full potential
- People who are passionate about their own personal development and who are searching for personal growth in their lives
- People who want to run their own business that offers a fulfilling and rewarding career
- People who wish to add these valuable tools and techniques to their current skill set
- People who are serious about learning these skills quickly and effectively.
Yes, our course is accredited with the Association for Coaching, the UK’s largest independent, professional body dedicated to promoting best practice and raising the awareness and standards of coaching, worldwide.
An additional and exclusive benefit for students enrolling on our course is that you will be automatically enrolled as Student Members with the Association for Coaching (AC) at no additional cost.
This provides you with access to the wealth of information and support that is available from the Association, at a time when you will be embarking upon your coaching career. Student Membership is provided for a full 12 months. You can upgrade your membership to Associate or Member at any time.
The benefits include:
- Access to reference materials and research within the members only area.
- Receive guidance and support to start up and grow a successful coaching business through local events, webinars, podcasts and online resources.
- Join the networking and discussion groups and share your news and views through the online forums or seek out others for support and advice.
- Get exclusive access to the AC’s Knowledge Bank where you’ll find cutting-edge online interviews and podcasts of top industry experts speaking on hot coaching topics.
- Gain first-hand knowledge into latest industry trends via the AC’s growing library of market research reports.
By gaining recognition of your training in this way, you are set to become a skilled professional coach with quality credentials and real credibility.
No, not at all.
With the huge growth of high speed internet coverage, many life coaches are internet based, virtual businesses.
Coaching can easily be done by phone or Skype as it is both convenient and cheap. Many clients find this aspect a big bonus as they do not have to travel to you plus they feel they can be totally open with you as it’s more ‘anonymous’.
So, as a life coach, the whole world is at your fingertips…
We believe that being ‘older’ is definitely not a problem for a life coach as the role of a coach is to help someone achieve their personal life goals by asking the right questions and guiding them along their path.
Being older can actually be a positive as a life coach needs to be someone your clients can trust and confide in. Someone who is older then has that life experience and maturity to inspire confidence.
So the real question is whether you have the right attitude, qualities and skills to be a great life/wellbeing coach. This means a passion for working with people, having an open, inquiring mind and being non-judgmental of others.
We then teach you the skills and techniques to become a great coach; skills which you can then adapt and develop to suit your unique style and your chosen area of coaching.
We believe that the Raw Horizons Wellbeing Coach Training programme and certification requirements will well equip you with the tools and techniques you need to be a skilled and highly professional life coach anywhere in the world. We have had students from South Africa, France and the USA join us.
It is an intensive 5 days and you will be busy learning lots of things. The course modules are taught between 9am to 6pm with some short tea breaks and a longer lunch break. There are also practical coaching sessions after dinner to practise your new skills on fellow students.
There are many benefits to attending an intensive residential course compared to an online course or distance learning program. With a comprehensive live-in course the advantages are:
- No external distractions so your full focus and concentration is on your course
- Face to face contact with your program teacher, Dr Claire Maguire
- Questions and queries are answered immediately
- Benefit from group discussions and feedback with your fellow students
- Meet and make new friends with like-minded people, all with similar goals and ambitions
- Opportunity to practise your new coaching skills with your fellow students
- ‘Fast-track’ your way to completing your course in just 5 days and starting your new career
Compare this with online courses and distance learning where everyday life and chores get in the way; where balancing work and personal commitments leave you too tired to concentrate; where it can take months, even years, to struggle through the program.
Our programmes are for men and women serious about wanting to change their life and start their new exciting career path helping others live the life they desire.
Yes, our course will definitely help you start your own wellbeing coaching business as we cover the practical side of running a coaching practice plus the business aspects of setting up and managing your business, including areas such as:
- Brand Building: identify your niche, your unique brand and to establish your expertise. Explore your ideal client and target market and how this will powerfully set you up with a way to connect and talk to your potential new clients
- Your Business Plan: review issues such as set-up options, legal considerations, insurance concerns, operational requirements, marketing plan, cash flow factors
- Coaching Options: you study different coaching options and packages, how to coach a group and one-to-one; corporate or individual; online and offline
- Working with Clients: you learn the practicalities of a coaching business – from record keeping to client-coach boundaries
- Marketing Yourself: we examine marketing and sales methods including various lead generation strategies for online and printed media, the lead cycle concept plus top marketing tips
People come to do this course for a number of reasons. One is to add skills learned on our course to their existing skill set. Another is to evolve their business and add the wellbeing dimension to what they already offer. And some participates do successfully set up their own business as a wellbeing life coach.